- Engage your core muscles (suck in your belly button) to maintain good alignment during the turn. Zip up the torso.
- Every turn is a balance, so practice balancing the position of your feet. Is your foot placement too wide, too close, is your foot pattern correct? Chances are that if you lose your balance your foot placement might be out. Practice holding your foot placement and see if you can balance.
- Spotting - Spot an object as you turn and keep your eyes off the floor (or that’s where you may end up).
- Use only enough push to get around – sometimes a dance student can overestimate their turn, pushing so hard that they throw the turn off, end up in the wrong direction or complicate the turn entirely. Simplify and practice the amount of power.
- Keep the body upright and shoulder's down. Posture, posture, posture.
Excuse the quiality but below is a quick video example of incredible turns.